Friday, October 5, 2012

How God Shows His Love....

Today was a somewhat stressful day. First I had to wake up early this morning because I had an 8:15 shift at work. After work I had a class, and then my first midterm of the year (multivariable calculus, yikes...) After the midterm I went back to my room and turned off my over-taxed and over-tired brain. And as a result I missed the first half of a mandatory training for my job. Oops... After the part of the training that I did make it to I had 15 minutes in which to run back to my dorm for a snack before working another 2 hour shift. And that is how I found myself finally free for the day at 4:00 in the afternoon, tired from staying up too late studying for my midterm and hungry because I never had time to eat lunch.

I was very tempted to go back to my room and sulk about my day. I did that for a while, in fact. Pretty soon, however, I decided that the weather was far too nice for sulking and decided that a walk around the lake was just what I needed. The sun went behind the trees pretty soon after I went outside, so I wasn't able to get many good pictures. But seriously, my frustrations and disappointments had no choice but to melt away surrounded by all of this.

It almost felt like God decided He needed to tell me that he loved me and that He was going to make everything okay again.









































And now I am going to go watch a movie and drink hot cocoa and eat snacks and enjoy my 4 days of freedom (fall break!)

And that was how my day went today :)

(Don't forget that you can click on the pictures if you want to see them bigger.)

1 comment: