Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Wonderful Day

I need to get up early tomorrow so I should probably be asleep right now, but I had a really wonderful day today and I wanted to tell you all about it (and I'm sorry for all of you Wellesley students in the middle of an awful week full of midterms, at least there's only two days left!)

Nothing spectacularly wonderful happened today, just a collection of many small things that made my day.

First, the weather. It was so nice out today! Every time I walked out the door I breathed in the scent of melting snow and wet earth and spring. Nothing like a sunny, warm, March day to put a smile on your face.

Second, I didn't have class this morning. I actually don't have class every other Wednesday, but today in particular it felt wonderful to not have to learn anything in the morning. (especially math. I love that class, but I really wasn't in the mood to learn math this morning)

Thirdly, and this may seem strange, I was in a psychology experiment this morning. Basically I used this really awesome 3D computer to solve puzzles for half an hour and then I got $10. It was actually quite enjoyable. (and the Starbuck's gift card wasn't bad either).

Fourth. (I'm not sure why I started numbering these. Oh, well, I'm too far in to stop now!) I only had one class today, and in that class all we did was watch a movie and eat burritos. And it was actually a good movie, too, not one of those boring documentaries that you sometimes watch in class that are supposed to be better than normal class but in reality are just boring.

Fifth. This one is many things rolled into one, but I don't feel like separating them. This evening was smoothie night at the greenhouse, so me and a friend went and got free smoothies (and free mugs!) Then we ate dinner and went to this event called Veritas Forum, which was a very interesting lecture/discussion about emotion in robots and whether a robot could ever be made that had a human "soul". Very deep questions, but also really cool research from an MIT professor about emotion and robotics and even how this kind of technology could potentially be used to help people with autism and other disorders react better to social situations. (and, of course, there was free food afterwards including this really amazing gouda cheese that I perhaps ate a little bit too much of.)

Sixth. I got to Skype with one of my best friends in the whole world, Kelly Klos! Well, until the internet stopped working. That was frustrating. But it was still lovely to talk while it lasted :)

Seventh. (I better end this soon, I'm almost running out of fingers to count on.) I get to leave in three days for New Orleans! My spring break is next week, and I am very lucky to have the opportunity to go to New Orleans over break for a short missions trip of sorts, we'll be doing lots of building and working and serving and bonding and adventuring and I'm so excited!!

Okay, that's all I can think of for now. I will definitely be updating you all after my trip, but bear with me if it takes some time after break for me to catch my breath and get to writing a blog post! I don't know how busy/exhausted I will be after I get back, but based on prior experience I will probably be plenty of both.

Oh, and did I mention I'm excited?

2 comments:

  1. You're going to New Orleans too? Are you going with Hope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm going with a group from Wellesley, it just so happens that we will be there at the same time. :)

      Delete