Monday, January 14, 2013

Bittersweet


Leaving is so bittersweet.

I have been home for over 4 weeks, secure in the fact that I had lots of time to spend. But now that I only have one more day, it feels like I barely just got here.

I suppose I'll get used to it eventually, but so far moving between two different places so often is a little disorienting. Just as soon as I get home and start to feel at home, its time to pack up again and leave. Its so sad to think of all of the time I didn't get to spend with my friends and all of the things that I could have done that I probably won't be able to do for the next 5 months. I guess that's the nice thing about home, though, I know I'll always be back.

The sweet part of the bittersweet is where I get to go. On my first ever road trip! I have always wanted to go on a road trip! I am so excited. I have a feeling that I will feel slightly different after several days straight doing nothing but sitting in a car, but this is one thing I am thrilled to be able to cross off of my bucket list. Well, I don't actually have a bucket list, but if I did going on a road trip would definitely be on it.

*lapse of time for increasingly frustrated attempts to upload a picture onto blogger*

Okay, here is where I wanted to insert a map of the route we will be taking. Unfortunately my computer is not cooperating, so you will have to bear with my muddled explanation in lieu of a beautifully illustrated map. Basically our ultimate destination is Wellesley, to bring me back to school, but on the way we are visiting lots of family. Our first stop will be in Chicago, and we will stay the night a short drive away in Indiana. Next we will be visiting some cousins near Nashville and spending the night, and then on our third day we will be arriving in Jacksonville, North Carolina where my brother is stationed. (He's in the Marine Corps, for those of you who don't know.)

We will be spending the weekend with my brother and sister-in-law, and then off to Virginia Beach to see some more family. Because nobody goes to the beach in Virginia in January, we got a really good price on a hotel directly overlooking the ocean. At least the scenery will be beautiful, if not necessarily the weather. Our last stop will be a couple days with my aunt and uncle in Bridgewater, Virginia, and then on to Wellesley! That's perhaps the part I'm most looking forward to, even though it means the end of our trip and the end of my freedom for another semester. You see, my dad has never been to Wellesley, and I am very excited to show him the place where I spend so much of my time. My mom has only been there once when I started school this fall, so it will be nice for her to be able to explore some more with a more knowledgeable guide (namely me.)

And then, after 5 days in the Boston area, I will be starting classes and my parents will be leaving for another two day drive back home. I'm not looking forward to that part.

But for now, I will get back to packing. (Well, to be honest, I will start packing.)

Hurray for adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment