Friday, January 11, 2013

My favorite way to spend my free time

It has been SO wonderful to be home these last few weeks! I have spent tons of time with family (although not as much time with friends as I would like) and plenty of time home by myself. I know that probably sounds miserable to some of you outgoing people that like to be busy every moment of every day, but for me it has been paradise. I have had a lot of time to watch mindless tv, waste time on the computer, and read books for no reason other than that I enjoy them. Reading for pleasure and not for a class? What a concept!

However, I have also been doing some productive things. For a few days I was knitting like crazy, and I made my very first hat! I know, its a very cheesy picture of myself in the mirror, but I was proud of my hat :)



I have also been doing lots of cooking and baking. Here is an experiment that my mom and I made, they're called mini crostatas, and they're filled with either Nutella or strawberry jelly. So delicious!



I don't even remember all of the other little projects I have been working on, but the flour and the glue have been flying! (Hopefully not at the same time...) 

So, as many hours as I have been spending sleeping in or watching tv or doing absolutely nothing, I have also  been exercising my creativity. Its so nice to have the time to put my mind to doing something besides homework.


Coming Soon: My very first road trip! I am SO excited! I'll tell you all about it later, but I already leave in less than a week! I will miss home, but I am thrilled that I have this opportunity. My last hurrah of winter break before classes start yet again! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment