Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Time (And lack thereof)

I have been planning on writing for quite a while. The other day I even made a list of ideas to write about: memories about my grandparents, pictures from this summer, how my life is different working full time than going to school during the year, etc. What I finally decided I wanted to write about was a scrapbook I started working on (during a camping trip with my mom) about my first year of college.

Looking back on this past year made me become somewhat philosophical about time. How it seems like forever since I've been in high school, but I remember graduation like it could have been yesterday. How it seems like years ago that I moved into my dorm, and yet it seems like I lived in that room for a blink of an eye. How it always seemed like the weeks before going would home take an eternity, and yet the time always came sooner than I could believe.

I've been thinking about these things quite a bit these past few days. However, and here's where the irony comes in, despite how much I've wanted to sit down and write and reflect on all these things, I just haven't had time. (Get it? I haven't had time to reflect on time?) It seems like life has just gotten away from me lately. I've been working full time, and after a day of work and my somewhat long commute, I get home and it seems like before I've been able to accomplish anything at all it's time to go to bed.

Mostly I wanted to write to update you on one particular piece of news - tomorrow I leave for North Carolina! While my brother JG is on deployment in Afghanistan, my mom, aunt and I wanted to take the opportunity to go visit my sister-in-law (and have a nice vacation while we're at it!) I am SO thrilled that in less than 24 hours I will be in North Carolina with my family, it should be an amazing trip.

I guess I'll have to share my musings on the nature of time later, for now I should probably go finish packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment