Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pictures (aka Why I Love Boston and Wellesley)

As usual, my plans for what I want to write are more ambitious than the time I have available. I am planning on writing a post eventually with general life updates (like study abroad!) But for now, I want to share a few pictures with you.

This semester I have had a hard time getting off campus. Its just so much easier to stay here, and for the most part I am perfectly content sticking close to Wellesley. But last week I finally got a bit claustrophobic! It has been beautiful here lately (as it always is in the fall) and I wanted to share some pictures from Wellesley and from my excursions into the city. (Remember that you can click on the pictures if you want to see them bigger!)

I found a farmer's market in Copley Square
They intentionally made this skyscraper
reflective because of all the beautiful
old architecture around it.
Boston Public Garden
I had to take a picture of this statue in the
Public Gardens - it was dedicated to the
discovery of ether (at Mass general hospital
 I think). I thought it was a slightly
strange thing to memorialize.
Boston Public Library courtyard
The reading room in the Boston Public Library
This is near my dorm
We had a bizarrely (and wonderfully!) warm
late October day, most of which I spent
outside studying. I thought the sunlight on the
trees looked so striking against the dark clouds.
This is the complex where I live (viewed from the top
of our bell tower)
Reba and I went to the MFA (Museum of
Fine Arts
It was raining, so this was the best picture
I got outside the MFA before I put my
phone away

No comments:

Post a Comment