Tuesday, December 30, 2014

And So It Begins

So, on Friday I embark on an adventure. I am spending the spring semester (from January through May) studying at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland!

I don't think its really hit me yet that I'm leaving. I've had such a short break at home, and most of it I have been occupied with Christmas and spending time with my family. But, day by day it gets closer. I'm so used to leaving home for long periods of time to be at school anyway, it just hasn't really sunk in that this time I'll be a bit farther away than normal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited. But, also terrified. I've never been anywhere in Europe, much less traveled there by myself. I've never had to buy and cook all of my own food (Trinity has no meal plan). I have no clue who I will be living with or what classes I will be taking. I don't know a single other person who will be in Dublin. I know that it will be an amazing experience, but I'm worried about the first couple weeks of adjustment to everything.

At the moment, I really don't have a lot of details to share. My first week there, before classes start on the 12th, I will be part of a program where I get to learn about the culture and history of Trinity College, the city of Dublin, and Ireland as a whole (and go on field trips!). But after that, I have no clue what my schedule will be like. I will do my best to keep this blog updated during my time in Dublin!

I've wanted to study abroad for as long as I can remember, I just can't believe its coming true so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment