Monday, August 20, 2012

God's Sense of Humor (Plus Some Blog Updates)

If anybody ever tells you that God doesn't have a sense of humor, don't believe them...

Let me start from the beginning. Last Saturday I lost something very important. I looked EVERYWHERE in the house for it. I actually had trouble sleeping because I was so annoyed with myself for losing it, and I was trying to think of anywhere else it could have gone. I distinctly remembered placing it in a specific place on my dresser, and it was no longer there. (I'm sure you all know how that goes.)

The next day at church I kept praying about it. The sermon was about how God backed the Israelites into a corner at the Red Sea, and they thought they were going to die because they had nowhere to run to. And we all know what God did in that situation, he kindly moved the Sea out of the way for them so they could escape their seemingly hopeless situation. I thought, perhaps He is talking to me and He will provide a solution to my problem too! (The item I lost was not a big deal, but at the time it seemed very dramatic to me.)

Well, God did answer my prayers. About an hour after I got home I found what I was looking for. Well, you're asking, what does this have to do with God's sense of humor? I found the item in my Bible case (where I would have found it if I had thought to open my Bible the night before instead of just frantically searching the house). I think He was trying to tell me something...

Also I just wanted to point out a couple of things to you guys that you may not have noticed about my blog. If you don't want to worry about having to check for new blog posts, there is a place on the right side of the page where you can subscribe to receive all new posts in your email. Just follow the instructions, you will have to click on a link in an email they send you to confirm the subscription. I tried it myself so it should work fine, just let me know if you have any problems with it. I also added a tab at the top of the page with my contact information in case you want my email address or my new address at school. (I did not want to publicize my phone number, if you want it you can ask me personally and I will give it to you.)

Only 5 more days until I go to Boston! (I don't know why I am still working on this blog post, I should be packing...)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Leah. God is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you start your awesome adventure. "Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete