Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Beginning

As most of you probably know, I am moving very soon to Massachusetts to attend Wellesley College. In fact, I leave one week from today. I am so excited to start this new adventure, but there are also many things that make leaving hard. Probably the most difficult thing for me is leaving behind all of the people here that I love so much.

I am bad at keeping in contact with people that I don't see every day. I know that I won't often remember to email or call or send a letter to most of you. So, I came up with an idea - if I started a blog to talk about the experiences I am having, that would allow all of you to find out what is going on in my life (even if I do forget to personally tell you about it).

That being said, I named this blog 'correspondence' for a reason. It means an exchange of letters, not just one-way communication. So my hope is that this would inspire you all to keep in contact with me, too. I want to know what is going on in your lives. I want to hear how you are doing. I would love it if you would take the time to write me a letter, give me a call, send me an email or a text, or even just comment on this post. 

The hardest part is not leaving behind a place. It's leaving behind the people that are there. So if all of you would make an effort to keep in touch with me, I'll have a piece of home with me, no matter where I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment